Stickman is a 2D animation tool that places cool animations and short films at the fingertips of most users.
Stickman includes a vast catalog of ready-to-use backgrounds, figures and all kinds of elements. Some are available offline, while to access others, you'll need to be online. There is also a default example animation, which is perfect for starting out, and you can always draw your own.
Stickman opens with a selection of options, including tutorials, videos and the option to open existing programs. We'd recommend watching some tutorials and classes first - Stickman's a great program, but you'll need to put some effort in before you feel comfortable with the program.
In general, animation programs are hard to get a handle on, and Stickman's no exception. It offers huge possibilities, but becomes a little complex as a result. You'll be able to create fun animations, that's for sure, but not without putting some work in. Luckily, the program comes with a 30-day trial, which is perfect to give it a whirl, discover all the features, animation mechanisms and extras, and decide if it's the one for you. We think it's definitely worth a shot!
Stickman is a complex - and not the most modern of its type - program, but a little work will allow you to produce awesome stick animations in no time at all.
- New speech bubble tool in Stickman
- New image paint action added to Elemento
- Export of animation data for use in game engines added to Stickman
- Quick Character enabled directly in the Add Stickman Dialog
- You can now create figures in Elemento based on a figure from the library
- using File->New Based On...
- Stdoc tutorials are made easier to navigate
- Added howtos to work area
- Tools are now faster
- Easier to set offset in animation
- Selected frame is animated under preview
- Trial expanded to 30 days
- Saving disabled in trial version
- News removed from startup dialog
- "New Figure" menu added to Stickman
- "New Scene" menu added to Elemento
- "Create Character" renamed to "Quick Character"
- Quick Character is improved
- Bug fixed in curve tool